cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Get Files" action unable to detect the file in the folder

anand060191
Level 2

Hi,

Get file action is not able to detect files (Returns output: Count - 0) even if the file exist in the folder.

Key points: 

1. Bot is able to detect files sometimes (on-and-off) so it can't be access related issues or input parameters.
  2. Output Parameters returns following: [Message - Blank, Success - True], Hence no clue from there
  3. Issue is only coming in Production while running from control room (only in few runtime resources)

Any inputs or workaround on this item is highly appreciated.

------------------------------
Anand Singh
5 REPLIES 5

SeemaA
Level 3

Hi,

What kind of files are you trying to fetching?

Please share the inputs you gave to the action stage.

Regards,

Seema A

Seema A
RPA Developer
Deloitte
Asia/Kolkata

John__Carter
Staff
Staff

Key point #3 suggest there might be a synchronisation issue in your logic. Is is possible the Get Files action is returning a truthful result, perhaps because files are not present at the exact moment the call is made? Could the process sometimes be calling Get Files too soon?

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

SeemaA
Level 3

As John addressed, it might me synchronization error too, Try capturing screenshot before you call 'Get Files' to verify this

Seema A
RPA Developer
Deloitte
Asia/Kolkata

@John @Seema 

I suspected the file is not copied properly before the bot executes Get Files action. And Hence I Copy file manually few hours before I run the bot again. Yet the bot fails to detect files and returns count Zero.

What puzzles me is that, could that be due to the network connection between bot and Shared Drive(Folder)?

Anand Singh
Programmer Analyst III
Jabil
Penang
+60167427974

Hi Anand Singh, is it on network path where the files are stored or a local drive where you are trying to access the files and fetch it ? Just before trying and fetching files always ensure that the Directory exists flag gets successful if not already and while fetching the files I hope you are keeping Wildcards to identify and pick the correct files.

18774.png

18775.png

18776.png

Kindly up vote this as "Best Answer" if it adds value or resolves your query in anyway possible, happy to help.

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar - Senior Automation Developer

NHS England, United Kingdom, GB
Regards,

Mukesh Kumar