cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Global Send Keys" sends special symbols instead of digits

RokasPranskevic
Level 2
Hi there,

Is there any particular reason why Blue Prism 6.9 sometimes sends special symbols instead of provided numeric values when using "Global Send Keys"? Usually it happens for the first 1-2 symbols. For example, If I have a value "22 some text" BP would replace '2' to '@' and send "@@ some text".

If I set to use interval in between keystrokes of, let's say, 0.2sec, it would still replace the first symbol and send "@2 some text".​

Also, setting the interval somehow messed up another thing - BP is now sending a letter/digit twice. For example "30.09.2022" -> 30.09.20022" or "London" -> Loondon". Very weird stuff.

Example of BP writing a date incorrectly:

37003.png
My "Write to Field" action:

37004.png
Thank you in advance!
5 REPLIES 5

EmersonF
MVP
Good question!! I never understood either, so to avoid this kind of situation I always use write action, when I'm on the Web when it happens, I usually use JS to manipulate the DOM, do it this way maybe help you,
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil

Neel1
MVP
Hello Rokas, 

can you try the below action and feed the o/p of this action to you navigate.

37000.png
37001.png

RokasPranskevic
Level 2
Hey guys,

Sorry for my late response.

Emerson, "Write" action would be great but on the current application I must use AA mode. Unfortunately, in this application "Write" action simply does not work in AA mode.

Neeraj, I haven't had @@ symbols for awhile now but I am still facing double letter/symbol issue. Using "Escape Sendkeys String" and feeding the output did not help unfortunately. 😕 Here in this example I tried writing 1234 and got 12334.

I also tried reworking "send keys" action to how it was recommended before BP v6 but it also did not work.

ManishRawat
Level 7
Hi @Rokas Pranskevicius,

This is a common scenario that we face.

The best possible way to handle this is as below, with the 3 step actions:
37002.png
Step1: Clear Clipboard so that anything that has been previously copied will be removed
Step2: Set clipboard with the value that you would like to write like in the above scenario [Value]
Step3: Send Ctrl+v in the Global Send Keys, this will ensure that the whole text is copied without any issues as it is with typing each one by one.

NOTE: the command to send for Ctrl+v in Global Send Keys is "^v"

Hope that would be helpful 🙂

RokasPranskevic
Level 2
Hi, @Manish Rawat,

Thank you for your input. On most of the fields I am pasting the text from clipboard but on a few fields pasting does not work for some reason. It wouldn't paste even if I try doing that manually.

Currently I am trying to first focus on those fields and then "Send Key Events" ​on the application itself. For now it seems to do the trick. 🙂 Hopefully, it keeps on working.

Thanks!