cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

save required pdf pages into a single pdf file

vinodchinthakin
Level 9
Hi All,

I have a scenario where PDF file has more than 2 pages. I need to save pdf with first two pages and delete remaining pages.
I am using(Utility PDF VBO) Split Pdf range action to split first two pdf pages into two pdf files then using merge pdf action to merge those two splitted files into a single pdf file. Its working fine.!

Do we have any single action or code to get required number of pages of pdf file in an output pdf file?
OR Do we have any single action or code to delete all pages by providing the starting index page number?

------------------------------
vinod chinthakindi
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @Tejaskumar_Darji.

Your solution works perfect. Thanks!
Initially I thought someone will come up with a code stage but your process flow also resolved my query. It's Cool! Can you also update the process flow to delete a range of pages. For example delete page range from page 2 to page 5.

vinod chinthakindi

I'm glad if that help.

Yeah, I tried to find the delete method using code but could not find any proper and straightforward coding solution for this.

Sure, I'll try to work on delete range as well in some time.

If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. Consultant-Technical Lead

Hi Tejas,

In the release I saw an action to Merge PDFs but it could only be done to two inputs. Have you worked on Multiple PDFs merge? If yes, Can you let me know ? I tried to use Function for PDF Management - 1.1.0 , in spite of placing the dll files, it is still having errors in the objects.

Sahana Mohan
Lead Software Engineer
SS&C Blue Prism
Sahana Mohan Lead Software Engineer SS&C Blue Prism

Hello sahana mohan,

I just retried it is working fine for me with multiple PDF as well for Merge action. I was able to merge 4 pdf into 1 pdf.

Did you put the pdfsharp library in the BP Automate folder? This is provided on the DX portal.

Also if you can share the error message.

If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji - https://www.linkedin.com/in/tejaskumardarji/
Technical Lead