cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LewisWoolley
Level 5

After speaking with Blue Prism support I found out that they only have 32 bit installs of blue prism. This means that it can only use a max of 2/3GB of memory.
This has been causing a problem with archiving larger data files from the Blue Prism logs. While building we have all logging active which means some of the sets of log data can be quite large. When trying to manually or automatically archive this data, the process fails due to not enough memory, even though more memory is available on the resource running the archiving.

My suggestion is that in a later update of Blue Prism, a 64 bit process install should be available. This would allow more memory to be used, and stop our Robotics team having to rely on a Data Base Admin to archive our data for us. 

If anyone has any other suggestion on how we can get around this I am happy to discuss.

7 Comments
DavidRubiano
Level 5

You should look into Data Gateway's for exporting logs to another location. This quote is from BP Data Gateway manual:

"Organizations can use Data Gateways to support flexible data storage requirements. For example, an organization might want to save all their
session data outside the Blue Prism database, or they might choose to store data in the database for a shorter period of time, pushing out a copy of that data for longer term data storage." 

hope this helps.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Auto archiver imrpovements in the last couple of versions of BP might solve the underlying symptom you are seeing here.

Worth noting:
  • Application Server can be installed as 64bit
  • The reason I heard years ago about the product remaining core 32bit was somehow related to the complexity of interfacing with both 32 and 64bit applications.
Hi Lewis,

Thanks so much for submitting your idea! We are moving it into the Under Consideration status while we route the idea through our internal review process. 

We will update you as your idea moves along the lifecycle.

Thank you!
Melanie 
Billy.Kidney
Staff
Staff
Have you investigated the Blue Prism Application Manager Mode?

This should allow the Blue Prism Interactive Client to operate as a 32-Bit Application but the target application can still operate as 64-Bit.

37190.png

Sheela
Level 5
Hi Team,

Could you please let me know whether this idea is incorporated in any of the latest version of BP like 7.x.
Hello @LewisWoolley,

Following our review of your idea, we have decided to move your idea to the Planned - Now stage given that this feature is expected to be delivered in the upcoming Blue Prism Enterprise 7.2 release. 

We will post another update once your idea has been delivered. 

Regards,
Rob​