cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VladimirPerić
Level 6

In the current Blue Prism architecture, each resource PC will try to establish a connection to every other resource PC. This communication is not needed for standard Blue Prism functionality (scheduling, ad-hoc process runs) and is used only for some feature (eg. resource pools). 

However, this communication creates spurious network traffic and most importantly raises flags with security teams monitoring network chatter. As the communication is not strictly necessary, it would be useful to be able to disable it completely. I assume there would also be a small, but measurable performance increase across the platform.

Note: I do not wish to disable interactive client -> resource PC connections, as these are useful in case the RPA controller needs to "drag 'n' drop" processess.

1 Comment

Hello @VladimirPerić

As part of Blue Prism 7.0, we altered the way that resource PCs are connected to and communicated with a new feature called Application Server Controlled Resources (ASCR). As part of this feature, the connections between interactive clients and resources as well as resource to resource connections have been revisited and streamlined.

More information about this new feature is included as part of the release notes and supporting documentation for this version. As a result of this, I'm updating this idea to Delivered.

Regards,

Rob