cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

When spying things in loaded web applications, checking or not for one criteria in the application modeler can have HUGE impact on the spying speed and process execution.

1. When using the Highlight feature, I would like to have a printout saying how much time it took to find the feature, this way I can try to optimize the criteria selection more efficiently than by counting time in my head.
  2. An optimizer could do the job more efficiently by toggling systematically some selected criteria, then logging the time it took and the number of matches. The user would then select the options he/she prefers (sorted by spying duration) and check if the right thing was spied.
2 Comments

Hi there, 

I'm glad to inform you that this capability is within our scope of delivery as part of the new Application Modeller. We are adding a measurement of time to identify how long it takes DWs to re-identify elements. This will be a momentary calculation meaning that every time you identify you will have slightly different results. 

In addition to the above, we are working on automatically optimising these attributes based on fit and re-ID performance and are planning to give users the ability to change default attributes per spy mode, so they don't have to manually change the criteria on every spying instance.

Cheers,

Omid

Hi @Étienne Desaulniers Lamy,

The enhancement to Application Modeller to display how long it took to highlight an application element given a certain set of matching attributes is now available in Blue Prism 7.3, which was released to the market in December 2023. I've updated this idea's status to Delivered as a result.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Regards.

Rob