cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mojared16_jabil
Level 3

Hi All,

Good day. I am currently using the attached file to get BOT Actual and Planned Utilization.

The idea is I am manually plotting all processes running in one Runtime Resource so I can easily check schedules and overlaps.

Next is I am plotting the actual allotted time for each process to know Actual Utilization then I will plot planned allotted time for process currently in development to know Planned Utilization.

I would like to know if Blue Prism has dashboards that can display the following:

1. Digital worker capacity planning base on the planned processes and current running processes
2. Digital worker for actual utilization

Regards,
Jared

5 Comments
chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Hello @mojared16_jabil

Thank you for raising your request, I’ve set the status to Reviewed.

We do not provide this exactly out of the box today.

Follow up questions:

1. On the schedule planning side, is that important so you can avoid clashes? 

2. If we built in more resilience too, such as if a Digital Worker is running at the point when a new schedule started, the new scheduled session would simply wait, then run once the Digital Worker finishes what it was doing, would that remove your need to plan the schedules? (Instead you'd just sequence / prioritise what happens)

Kind regards

Chris Strong

Senior Product Manager

SS&C | Blue Prism

mojared16_jabil
Level 3

Hi Chris,

Good day. Thanks for the feedback. To answer your questions:

1. On the schedule planning side, is that important so you can avoid clashes? Yes. Currently we only have 1 runtime resource
  2. If we built in more resilience too, such as if a Digital Worker is running at the point when a new schedule started, the new scheduled session would simply wait, then run once the Digital Worker finishes what it was doing, would that remove your need to plan the schedules? (Instead you'd just sequence / prioritise what happens). Some processes require inputs that would be available only on certain times the reason for scheduling.

Regards,

Jared

chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Thank you @mojared16_jabilI’ve set the status to Reviewed.

Kind regards

Chris Strong

Senior Product Manager

SS&C | Blue Prism

mojared16_jabil
Level 3

Hi @chris.strong,

Good day. We are still looking for your advice regarding this. I hope to hear from you again. Thanks.

Regards,

Jared Agapito

chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Hello @mojared16_jabil

There isn’t anything built-in to provide to with an alternative to your spreadsheet.

1. There is the timetable (Control Room > Scheduler > Timetables) which will provide the same as your BOT Schedule tab.

2. For the Utilization, there are the Utilization dashboard widgets, that come with eth browser-based Hub Control Room, but these do not provide the detail, just the trends.

1. There is also Blue Prism API, where the dashboards/resourceUtilization will provide you an array of 24 items representing each hour of a day. Each item contains the number of minutes of that hour that the resource was working.

There’s lots of clever people who have found innovative solutions on the Blue Prism RPA Product Community, it would be worth posting your question on there.

In the meantime, we’re keeping this idea request open in a reviewed state, because we see value in it, but it not yet been planned in for development.

Kind regards

Chris Strong

Senior Product Manager

SS&C | Blue Prism