cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RaviBhalia
Level 3

​Looking out for the ability of automating the Release Package migration (.bprelease file ) in different environment of Blue Prism. Do we have any Utility , API or way we can automate this manual effort of migration.

7 Comments
AstridStollberg
Level 6
Hi Ravi,

on BPv6 you can use the Command Line Interface and a batch script like the following to import a .bprelease to multiple environments:

for %%d in (<list of DB connection names>) do "C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\automatec.exe" /dbconname %%d /sso /importrelease "<path to bprelease file>" /overwrite pause

Example:
for %%d in ("UAT CH" "UAT APAC" "UAT AMER") do "C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\automatec.exe" /dbconname %%d /sso /import "C:\Data\ProcessABC_v2.1.bprelease" /overwrite pause

On BPv5 unfortunately the CLI only supports import of single Processes / Objects (.xml files instead of .bprelease files).

And in both cases you can only either overwrite all objects or (withouth the /overwrite switch) the import will fail.

So I would definitely also support a better deployment machanism (e.g. using Git etc.)

Cheers,
Astrid
RaviBhalia
Level 3
Thank you Astrid, This is helpful up to an extend ​
RaviBhalia
Level 3
​Hi Team,

Thank you for implementing this idea.

Please could you confirm in which BP version would it be available
ManojKumar3
Level 6

Hi Team,

Is this idea implemented?? if yes do we have any documentation or design related to it

Regards,

Manoj

Dinesh_KumarMat
Level 4
@AstridStollberg can you please help me with the step by step commands as I am not able to get it right, thanks in advance.​
AstridStollberg
Level 6
@Dinesh:
  • copy the below (without quotation marks at beginning and end) into a new text file
  • replace <list of DB connection names> with a comma separated list of connection names to which you want to deploy the release file (connection names must be as configured on the machine where you want to run this; Blue Prism must be installed and you need to have permission for deployments to all these environments)
  • replace <path to bprelease file> with the path to the bprelease file that you want to deploy to multiple environments
  • save text file as "something.bat"
  • double click on the something.bat file to execute it

"for %%d in (<list of DB connection names>) do "C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\automatec.exe" /dbconname %%d /sso /importrelease "<path to bprelease file>/overwrite pause"
Dinesh_KumarMat
Level 4
@AstridStollberg, Thank you for providing the detailed steps. I have tried the steps but unfortunately it didn't work. So, I have copied and pasted the same script into CMD and below is the error shown, can you please help us further

"%%d was unexpected at this time"

Thanks,
Dinesh M​