cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JaredRumball
Level 6
Provide the option to have the Break On Exceptions setting turned ON by default. 

I always turn this on when debugging. Always. It's such a useful feature and it irks me that I can't just have this on be default all the time. Instead, every time I start work in a process I have to remember to go turn it on. Then when I step into an object I have to remember to turn it on there as well.

On the odd occasion I do forget to turn it on the "runaway" behaviour and consequences to your session can be hugely frustrating and waste a great deal of time having to reset.

Simple request: allow for Break On Exceptions to be on by default and save the time and sanity of many a developer 🙂

2 Comments
PvD_SE
Level 12
This is actually not something you want to set on a process or object level but it should instead be a global setting for the current user. Zoom rate would be another, some folks like to be at 75%, others at 100%, I've even seen 50%! Instead, I'd like to set my preferred rate once on a global level and be done with it.
I'm not aware such global settings are available today, but they need to be introduced as I'm sure there's other stuff that can be set to make life a little easier for the developer.
DexterWhelan
Level 5
agree, nice idea