cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonGoetz
Level 2

Version:  BPMChorus 21.2.1.0

Deployed on TCServer v4.1.15

Oracle RAC (two & three-instance cluster, configured via Oracle for load-balancing).  Oracle19.

I have found that this version of BPMChorus, when deployed on TCServer, has application start-up errors when the database is a load-balanced Oracle RAC.

BPMChorus 21.2.1.0 has a catalina.properties file that references 3 JDBC XA datasources.  In a load-balanced oracle configuration, the application exhibits ORA-24798 errors when starting up.

My team has determined that these errors only occur when there is a load-balanced oracle rac configuration.   If we configure our oracle rac to be a single-instance  OR  a cluster set up in fail-over configuration, then the application starts up cleanly & does not present the errors.   

We have found that we can configure Oracle to have an XA dtp-enabled service on each instance, then configure the catalina.properties file to 'hard-code' all XA transactions to a single-instance on our oracle cluster.   However, this workaround simply negates the advantage of a load-balanced oracle cluster.

We have learned that SS&C has tested this software in 2 manners:  against a single-instance of oracle (for test environments) and against a fail-over oracle cluster.  But, it hasn't been tested against a load-balanced oracle cluster.   My request is to enhance the software to better manage its XA connections against a load-balanced oracle rac cluster.    In the event that this enhancement cannot be made, my recommendation would be for SS&C to update documentation to indicate the Oracle scenarios on which their software has been proven to work & on which scenarios it has not been tested/confirmed.