cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChristopherJank
Level 7

I want the option to comare a copy of a process or Object. Ist not a new version of a Object ist a real copy
5 Comments
Hi Christopher,

This is an interesting idea, but I wondered if you could provide a little context.

What is the purpose of the comparison that you're trying to do? Are you regularly creating new versions of processes/objects by saving edits as new items vs. overriding the existing version of the process/object? If this is indeed the case, can I ask what you've opted for this approach which is preventing you from using the built in tool for comparing different versions of a process/object?

If delivered, would you expect this comparison tool to work on any two processes/objects or would you expect it to only be available for certain items?

Rob
MelanieGiuliani
Community Team (Retired)
Hi Christopher,

Per Robert's comment below, could you please provide a bit more info on what exactly you're looking for here? Once we have the additional information requested below, the review team will be able to review your idea and respond accordingly. 

Thank you!
Melanie
PvD_SE
Level 12
Hi,

I can hop in with a comment on this issue:
When you get a new object from your local CoE, you might be in doubt if this is the same as you already had or indeed a newer version. A compare would spread light on this question and allow you to identify and remove any duplicates found.

Happy coding!
Paul
AmyTsaousi
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Christopher, 

It's been a while since we asked for more information however upon reflection, we are wondering if the following guide meets your requirements? https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-7-1/en-us/frmProcessCompare.htm?Highlight=compare

If we don't hear back before the end of the month, without the additional information, we'll mark this idea as not planned. 

Many thanks,

Amy

AmyTsaousi
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Christopher, 
Unfortunately because we don't have enough information to score this idea, we've marked it as not planned. Many thanks, Amy