cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PvD_SE
Level 12
Sorry in advance folks, this is gonna be a long one...

When starting the compare panel by pressing the 'Compare' choice:
37193.png
...a compare window pops up. It shows the older version on the left and the newer on the right. In the first few seconds after opening this window, the number of changes is shown: 'xxx difference(s) found'. After a second or two this text disappears.

When you press the RightArrow button marked 'Show next difference' the focus shifts to the next change, Equally so, the LeftArrow button shifts focus to the previous difference while the double arrows jump to the first or the last difference. 
37194.png
The definition of 'next' seems to be chronological rather than the 'next change on this page' which is quite confusing and not very handy when doing a 4i audit.

A process I was changing today logged no less than 522 differences when i was done with it. This'll be a tough one to handle in our 4i audit later this week! However, at least 400 of these changes are related to house-keeping - removing unreferenced data items, no longer used pages, parameters and actions etc. These house-keeping differences are not as relevant as 'real' changes such as changes in the flow, new/changed actions, new/changed parameters etc., at least not on an audit. So it would be nice if they could be omitted by choice...

Summarizing the above, I only have three requests to improve this compare window:
1. Can the status text with the number of differences found stay where it is and not disappear?
2. Can the definition of 'next difference' be modified so BP focusses on all changes on the current page and after that hop to the next page to show all changes there?
3. Would it be possible to identify house-keeping differences and have the choice to omit them from the Compare window?