cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SianFrancis
Level 3

The Control Room calendar currently does not function for 'working days' outside of the first and last.  Financial Services would benefit greatly from an enhancement to provide working days options to these calendars. 
You can set up a calendar to exclude all dates, aside from the working day you want (once you have worked out what date the working day is of each month).  However, there is a huge amount of maintenance with this and therefore greater risk of error.  You can also only select one date at a time (multi-select options would be good here).
I currently have a process to calculate the working day appended to the start of each of my processes; so the workers spend needless amounts of time and effort logging in and checking the working day, only to log out again with no action being taken as many processes work on just a few different working days per month.
So in summary - the idea is to have a working days option factored into the Control Room calendar and allow multi-select options for the selected dates.

4 Comments
BartWille1
Level 3
There is currently no option in the schedule to e.g. run every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. In order to accomplish this, you need to create 3 schedules and set them each to weekly. Ideally, on selecting 'weekly', a list of 7 days (Monday to Sunday) would appear with tick boxes. Such that 1 project can have only 1 schedule to run on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
chris.strong
Staff
Staff

I’m linking to related Community thread as I think this is relevant, thank you @Sian Francis for calling this out.

Community: Blue Prism Calendar to run process quarterly:

https://community.blueprism.com/discussion/blueprism-calendar-to-run-process-quarterly#bmdced953a-8aaf-4bbf-bca1-475a77bd22b2

Kind regards

Chris Strong

SS&C Blue Prism Product Manager

chris.strong
Staff
Staff

There is a few different, but related ideas to better calendar based scheduling, so I’ll reference them here:

Kind regards

Chris Strong

chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Hello,

There is a few different requests for enhancements to the calendar and ability to define bespoke recurrences for Schedules (see comments).

We’ll partially address these with the new capability to sync calendars with external system, which is coming with Blue Prism 7.2:

• Calendar Management API – Ability to synchronize tasks and calendars with external systems, ensuring the digital workforce is responsive to business needs.

I’ll leave these ideas as Under consideration for now, because I think we could solve with additional properties around the recurrence.

Kind regards

Chris Strong