cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kishore_KumarDe
Level 4

Add a functionality in control room to send out an email in case a process terminated, went to warning or anything unexpected happened. It can be configurable. It just need an internal trigger to capture process status and it changes then check if it is terminated ,warning etc then add to email queue and asynchronously clear out the email queue.

3 Comments
chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Thank you for raising @Kishore_KumarDe

I’ve updated the status to Reviewed, which means that we understand the ask and continues to allow other Community members to vote for and comments on the request.

Follow-up questions:

1. You mention email queue, am I right in thinking that you are suggesting to batch up numerous notifications and send on an single email?

2. Do you expect to have the actions available to drop into a Process to build the notification there, or something that is built into the platform to automatically send the emails when a process run hits a certain state (expected, terminated etc)

3. How frequently do you expect the emails, instantly, every hour etc?

Related ideas:

Tip: You can vote for your own idea requests too.

Kind regards

Chris Strong

Senior Product Manager

SS&C | Blue Prism

Kishore_KumarDe
Level 4

Hi Chris,

Below are the answer to your queries:

1. An inbuilt email queue is just the concept so that in case the email module hits a blocker because of any reason the sent emails requests are not lost. It is just producer ->queue->Consumer like architecture
  2. It should be in-built in the platform as when a process terminates it will not send out any emails.
  3. Instantly is always better and based on point 1 consumer will act immediately when the producer will populate the email queue
chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Amazing, thank you for sharing @Kishore_KumarDe

I’ll keep the status as to Reviewed, which means that we understand the ask and continues to allow other Community members to vote for and comments on the request.

Kind regards

Chris Strong

Senior Product Manager

SS&C | Blue Prism