cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PvD_SE
Level 12

Hi folks,

In our shop, we write the ticket number and short free text in the Process Information stage on the main page of every process. This in an attempt to improve traceability for future developers working on the process. 

In BP 6.5, when trying to save a process that had too much text  written in the Process Information stage on the Main Page, the save would crash and you change was gone. No, I do not have an exact value for 'too much'. This crash could easily be avoided by one of the following:
- do not write text in the Process Information stage (bad idea)
- cleanup some of the older texts in the Process Information stage as not to exceed the 'too much' limit

In BP 6.10, this problem seems to have been partially fixed. As a developer you can add as much text as you want without the 'too much' limit being broken. Happy days!
Not so much happy days in production though. When implementing/deploying the process in Production, the 'too much' limit is checked again, and when exceeded the release cannot be imported. The solution to this implies removing superfluous text in development and then redoing the whole release/ticket exercise, which is quite time consuming. 
I can conclude to be more happy with the BP 6.5 situation than I am with the newer BP6.10 situation.

Now for the possible solution:
- Can we remove any limit to the text-size of the Process Information stage on the Main Page of processes?
If this is not possible:
- Could we have a warning if we try to save a process where the size of the Process Information stage exceeds a certain value?
- Can we make sure that the maximum size of the text in the Process Information stage is lower when saving a process than when importing a release?

Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden