cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HarshitRawat
Level 8

I think 2 very important enhancements are required -
a) When we rename or change a data item, we have to manually change the old references for those data item in all the stages where it's used.Instead of doing this manually BP should automatically replace the previous references in all the stages.
b) Right now we have to manually select all the required process/ Objects/Env var etc while creating a package. There should be a way that either Blueprism drags everything related to a project item or we should be able to visually see the dependencies while creating packages.
Regards,

3 Comments
PavanR
Level 3
I support the first point. This is literally a nightmare for every developer. I believe this feature is available in almost all the RPA tools.
Hello @Harshit Rawat,

For your first suggestion (a), there is already another idea that mentions this, so I will not comment on this one as the other idea is probably the best place to track updates on this. See this idea here.

For (b), there is actually a function within release manager to help pull in dependencies for a given process/object as you're building a release package. Once an item has been added to the release package (i.e. added to the right hand side), right click the item and click "Select all dependencies". This should then add all the dependencies for the selected item into the release you're creating.

There was a bug in this function in previous version in which only "first level" dependencies were selected, i.e. if selecting dependencies for a process, only business objects directly used in that process would be selected and any other processes/objects that those child business objects needed were not also included. We resolved this issue in Blue Prism 6.10.0 under references BP-1295 and BP-1464. A further change was made in 6.10.2 under BP‑4776 to optimize this functionality for use in complex environments as well.

Could you please let me know whether this addresses your idea or whether you'd still like to see enhancements in this area to make the functionality more visual?

Regards,
Rob

Hi @Harshit Rawat,

Given the lack of response to my previous comment, I'm going to assume that the "Select all dependencies" functions meets your requirements for this use case.

Updated to Not Planned as a result.

Regards,

Rob