cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rachkim1617
Level 4

I'd like an option to populate Interact dropdowns with information from the Active Directory (like employee name and ID). I have a use case where form users need to pick an employee from a list of all employees in a dropdown field, then my process would update a field in another application using the selected employee ID.  Due to the large volume of employees and the fact there's already an Active Directory integration planned, I would like to see these dropdown values available without going one by one add each employee as  dropdown option 

(It also looks like there's an idea planned to add more dynamic options for dropdowns, which is related. It would be great to be able to calculate how these values are shown as a dropdown option and received as an output when getting queue data from a response.

ie. using BP calculations like [Active Directory.Employee Name]&" ( "&[Active Directory.Employee ID]&" ) " to show John Smith ( 12345 ) and output the same, but not as critical since the output can be calculated as shown here in the process. Currently, when getting queue data, it would pull the selected information out with hyphens ie. john-smith-12345) 

2 Comments
TomBlackburn
Staff
Staff
Hi Rachael, 

Thank you for engaging in the Interact community and raising this suggestion for enhancement. I am pleased to comment that we do have a planned feature that would allow External Data Sources to be attached to dropdown fields.

Regarding integration types, our initial research has led to a conclusion that the most common and accessible implementation would include the ability to source data from a SQL database and via Excel.

Do you think that this feature and possible integration options would assist in your query?

Best Regards,
Tom
rachkim1617
Level 4
Thanks for the quick response! Yes, that works. Do you have a timeline on this feature release?