cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kkazantsev
Level 5

Consider introducing Inheritance concepts for Objects and Processes.
Imagine developing Processes for delivering products or services to Amazon, Target, Walmart and more.

The process is the same, but implementation and details vary. Today, we have to create "Main Process" and add switches to go to a particular Customer Sub Process or Page. 
What would be nice is to ensure that Customer Sub Processes follow Main Process Interface and are called dynamically. This way we don't have to change and retest Main Process, just the new Sub Process.

Another example: Blue Prism is used for Employee offboarding. Traditional way would be to call a process for each system to perform offboarding from the main process. Now imagine that the Company added a new system to it's portfolio and we need to update offboarding process. Not only we need to design a new BP offboarding Process, but we also need to update Main process to include new system in Offboarding process.

I'm proposing to allow main process to call other processes dynamically based on configuration or other conditions, so when changes come Main process does not need testing. 

Main process call to supporting processes would look something like:

For Each p in processList 

Call p

Next

4 Comments
Hello @kkazantsev,

Having read through this idea, I need more information to understand the problem you're facing here to respond appropriately. Would you be willing to ​connect to further discuss this idea?

Marking as Needs More Info pending your response - thanks in advance!

Regards,
Rob
kkazantsev
Level 5

Hey @robert.nicklin

here's what I was thinking:

• having a process of the Interface type that implements it's pages in any way designed by the developer
  • allowing new processes to implement the Interface process
  • Main process will call the Interface process and pass implementation process name.
  • New process implementing the interface can override interface pages and provide it's own implementation.

This would allow for a clean Main process and fewer tests with new implantations of the interface come along

kkazantsev
Level 5

made some changes in hopes of making this idea more clear

Hi @kkazantsev

Thank for adding some more information here. I think I'm following, but I'd still like to connect and have a chat about this idea if you're willing.

I'll reach out via the Community messaging interface to grab an email address and work out what times work for you.

Regards,

Rob