cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RaviKumar3
Level 5

Sometime we need a list of environment variables to document (In technical solution Document) but We don't have an option to export the list and everyone don't have access to database. 
Can we have option to export the variable list directly into excel/CSV

7 Comments
AmyTsaousi
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Ravi,

Thanks so much for submitting your idea! The internal review team has discussed your idea and we are moving it into the Under Consideration status while we route the idea through our internal review process. 

We will update you as your idea moves along the lifecycle.

Thank you!

Amy

RaviKumar3
Level 5
Thanks Amy..it really helps.
chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Hello @Ravi Kumar

Thank you for raising, I set the Idea Status to Delivered.

We have taken a step forward with enhancements with Blue Prism 7.2, by providing the capability to extract the Environment Variable data via the Blue Prism API.

Blue Prism 7.2 includes:

• Environment Variables API – Setup and manage environment variables, enabling the capability to move data between environments. Enables IT systems to notify the digital workforce that external systems are not available to automate; and provides the capability to search and filter the environment data.

Further information:

Related ideas:

Kind regards

Chris Strong

SS&C Blue Prism Product Manager

RaviKumar3
Level 5

Thanks @chris.strong 

I saw the staus "Delivered" for few seconds 🙂

Is it not the same idea which I submitted with some extensions?

Br,
Ravi

chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Hi @Ravi Kumar

You are correct, I updated to Delivered on the basis with can now export Environment Variables via the Blue Prism API 7.2.  A while ago I associated this request with the strategy to extend a published API for things like this.

On re-reading, I saw your final comment to export directly to CSV / Excel, which is possible via the API but not something we directly delivered, so flipped to Planned - Later on the basis our new browser based Data Views have export built-in.

If you’re happy that we resolved the purpose of what you were wanting to achieve, a way to export Environment Variables, I can flip back to Delivered.

Kind regards

Chris Strong

SS&C Blue Prism Product Manager

RaviKumar3
Level 5

Hi @chris.strongYes this resolved my purpose.

Thanks for considering and implementing my idea.

Br,
Ravi

chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Thank you for confirming @Ravi Kumar

I've reset to Delivered and I'll update the Official reply too.