cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PetriKaukua
Level 4
We have had multiple occasions where customer needs to transfer data from environment to another environment. Currently we are able export credentials and workqueues but on a name and a structure level only meaning that the contents are not transferred. When customer has 1000 or more credentials and workqueues where history etc needs to be transferred, a simple data transfer operation that should not take more than 15 minutes is suddenly a two month project or even longer since every credential needs to be manually re-entered, processes to be created to export workqueue items contents to excel file or something similar.
Blue Prism already has AES256 encrypt/decrypt possibilities so I would assume it should not be too much of a hassle to add encrypt/decrypt into the process of exporting packages, for example making it only possible to export/import to an environment with same Encryption Schemas
2 Comments
AndreyKudinov
Level 10
In most cases you don't want that.
We have different credentials on test and production. We don't want our prod credentials overwritten when we move release from test to production.
PetriKaukua
Level 4
@AndreyKudinov - I do not talk about transferring credentials or workqueues from development to production or vice versa. I'm talking about transferring production to a new database in a different environment in a case where database itself can't be moved. In those cases you have to create 500+ credentials by hand in the new database and come up with arbitrarily difficult ways to transfer workqueues.​