cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mat
Level 4
Hello,

So I've been using the Graph API integrations from the DX  ( https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/search?keyword=graph%20api&page=1 ) and some of them work exactly as expected, out of the box - such as Get Manager for example. From this you get a collection with manager details (names, email, etc.)

However some items from the APIs are much more complex. For example to manipulate a spreadsheet you need to start a session, submit a JSON payload with the content, and then end the session.

It would be really useful if there were actions that tied this stuff together. So for example if you passed along file location type (user,drive,site), the ID of the file location, and the file ID and then a collection with items you want to add to the table. The action could then start the session, converts the collection into an appropriate JSON package, and then closes the session in one action. 

Similarly with SharePoint if you wanted to get a collection of list items by field. You could pass along the site, and list ID and then the action would output a collection of the actual list items at the end. Otherwise you must build something manually to extract the collection as the output is a series of nested collections and make it difficult to use the data from the list easily. 

I'm sure there's many other examples that require a mix of VBOs in order to achieve something. 

The Graph API integration is great but I'm not sure it's appropriate for many users as it's very complex and if you expect people to use Blue Prism who are not very technical as part of centre of excellence teams I would expect it would be difficult for people to really take advantage of these actions.
2 Comments
ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi Mat,

Thank you for the feedback. Yes, the Graph API connectors are more complex than say the traditional Office VBOs. We are looking into things we can do to improve those connectors and make them more approachable for non-technical developers.

Cheers,
Eric
ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi Mat,

We've begun introducing refactored versions of the Graph-based connectors. Outlook is the first one we've released.​ These new connectors are much closer in usability to the legacy VBOs, so they are much more "citizen developer" friendly. 

Give it a look and let us know what you think.

Cheers,
Eric