cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MatiasCoarasa
Level 3
What I have in mind is to add a function to include all the dependencies that a process has (objects, credentials, env. variables, etc...) without having to drag every single one to the release window manually.
7 Comments
LubosGurka
Level 5
Thanks for this 🙂 I was just about to create one exactly like this...
We can see the dependencies on the Create Release window, but when its a big release or migration, its so much wasted time.
All we need is one tick box: Automatically add all dependencies.
Thanks.
Jonas
Level 4
There is currently such functionality, when right clicking VBO's / processes in the release package 'modify' screen.

37181.png

However, as far as I know, the issue is that only 1st level dependencies are added, so you have to go through all of the processes/VBO's anyway. Fixing this would go a very long way in achieving what you propose.
MatiasCoarasa
Level 3
@Jonas you are right! I wasn't aware of that. Even if its not entirely what I proposed it gets really close, thank you.
AndreyKudinov
Level 10
Some dependencies can be defined at runtime - queue names/envvars - wont work for them.
Hello Marias,

The upcoming 6.10 release will resolve the issue mentioned in Jonas' comment, where only 1st level dependencies are selected by the existing function. When 6.10 launches I will look to move this item to Delivered, unless you have any objections?

Regards,
Rob
MelanieGiuliani
Community Team (Retired)
Hi Matias,

Congratulations! This idea has been Delivered in v6.10 which was recently released. 

Here are the release notes on that feature:
When creating of modifying a release package, the option to select dependencies now displays all relevant direct and indirect components. Previously, the list only displayed those directly referenced. Only components to which the user has access will display.

Additionally, new Apply Changes and Cancel buttons are available when using the Select Dependencies feature. 

Thank you,
Melanie
MatiasCoarasa
Level 3
Hello, Melanie

Great to hear that, I'm glad you implemented my suggestion!

Looking forward to further help!