cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StefanPappalard
Level 7
Currently there is no limit for the creation of work queue item tags and no in built feature for maintenance. This can lead to performance issues. There is a sql housekeeping script that can be used to remove unused tags afterwards. But there are better solutions for that. Here are some recommendations on how to improve the situation.

• Add a tag count limit which is configurable via system settings.
    • max number of tags [number]
    • warn on sign for user with role? [list with selectable roles]
    • warn via email to sysadmin-mailbox? [on/off] (nice to have)
    • email adress of sysadmin-mailbox [text] (nice to have)
  • Add an in product feature for cleaning up tags
    • remove unused only
    • remove unique only
The check if the tag limit exceeded should be run once a day.
The cleanup procedures should be schedulable or run via command line.
2 Comments
ChristianPanhan
Level 6

Adding a tag count limit would mean, that blue prism has to check the number of tags against the limit every time a new work queue item with a tag is added or the "Tag Item"-Action is used, right? I'm wondering, whether this is good for performance. According to Blue Prism Guide tags should not be unique. So there shouldn't be a huge amount of (new) tags during the day when you run housekeeping regularly. But I would also vote for an in-product-feature to do the cleanups for people who do not want to use for example SQL Server Agent to run the housekeeping script on a regular basis.

StefanPappalard
Level 7
Good point. A check once a day would be enough. I will edit the idea. Thanks for the input.