cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keithmcdowell
Level 4
When is this feature going to be added?

This would be a tremendous new feature! Its been close to a year.... Will it be release in 2022 or 2023?

I'm forced to use other tools to do this since Interact doesn't provide or support more than 50 characters in a text field  This is insane.
2 Comments
PvD_SE
Level 12

Hi Keith,

New features get added by gathering votes rather than merely presenting a good idea and assuming it will therefor be implemented asap. For starters, you can show you believe in your own ideas by voting for them, that way you always start out with at least one vote.

To get some perspective, I've launched between 30 and 40 ideas to date, and have yet to see one implemented. Perhaps my ideas are all bad, but at least to me each and every one makes perfectly sense for implementation in the next version.

I do however check new ideas at least once a week and vote for the ones that I think have merit. The high count of community members and the low count of votes leads me to believe that perhaps more folks need to be persuaded to do their civic duty and vote. I even launched an idea a few weeks ago to help improving voting rates but assume even this splendid idea will gather dust and be moved to greener pastures shortly... 

Happy coding!
---------------
Paul 
Sweden

TomBlackburn
Staff
Staff
Hi Keith,

Thank you for engaging in the community and raising an Idea. 

Interact v4.4 included an update which introduced a new capture field, Text area. The Text area field can be added to forms and enables users to enter up to 3500 characters in a multi‑line text field. It supports the use of regular expressions and rules. For more information, see Text area.

Best Regards,
Tom