cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Denetra
Staff
Staff

AWD Viewstation attach docs button automatically truncates the file name to 75 characters. LFG is asking that we develop the same functionality currently available in Viewstation. ServiceNow ticket #CS0014450 was opened as a defect.

6 Comments
Clararaj
Staff
Staff
@Denetra Pouncil  - Is this about the file name when trying to create a source ?
Where exactly is the request to truncate the file name ? Can I have any screen shot ?
A​
Denetra
Staff
Staff
@Clara Raj I attached the screenshots from the client. Let me know if you need anything else.​
Denetra
Staff
Staff
@Clara Raj Is there anything additional you need based on the screenshots added?​
Clararaj
Staff
Staff
Will add this to my backlog for Processor Workspace
toni.bessell
Staff
Staff

This is the same for ROS - if a document is saved locally with a name longer than 75 characters when the Save to chorus button is used the following error is presented:

Chorus ROS Add-in Error
An error occurred while saving the file to Chorus. Please contact your administrator.

Karen_Hunter
Staff
Staff

Today, there is an admin setting in the options table that established the LOB data dictionary name that is configured in that database for Filename.  It has it's origination in the viewstation implementation for GDL.  

This value, today, should be enforced consistently across all components that "create source objects" which contain a filename.  Because an LOB field can be configured with a maximum length of 75, many database use a 75 character limit with a case sensitive mask that supports special characters.

Communications has been updated recently to ensure its compliance with the mask enforcement.  ROS has an active enhancement in scope for 24.1 so we will add this to the definition of done.