cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LucaValente
Staff
Staff
When dealing with complex and dynamic HTML pages, it's not always possible to use the Path attribute to identify elements on the page because the path structure can change based on other elements displayed before the field we want to use. Often those HTML elements don't have an ID property (which would allow to spy them quickly) and the use of other attributes combination doesn't always perform well.  

This could be solved (not always but in many cases) if we could modify the HTML source adding an ID property to that specific element. My suggestion is to provide an action that executes a search&replace on the HTML source in order to give the developer a way to add an ID property to an element and then retrieves the PATH of that element (i.e. “/HTML/BODY(1)/DIV(4)/DIV(2)/DIV(6)/DIV(3)/DIV(1)/DIV(1)/H2(1) ) that can be used afterward with Read and Write stages.

I uploaded a screenshot with a possible example of the action parameters. In that example the action would retrieve the PATH string of the element before the label "Popular Broadway Shows".