cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acilinska
Level 4
When object name is changed then in all processes where this object was used it no longer exists in the actions and it should be again added for all the missing actions. It could be the same as for process - when the name is changed it still exists in other processes where it is used as it is referenced by ID I guess.
6 Comments
HarshitRawat
Level 8
This is a much demanded enhacement for object names , data items and i believe ideas already exist for this. 
However I am not sure about the statuses of those ideas
RajeshSrirambha
Level 4
I strongly support this Idea. When we change the name of the object or actions name in the object they should auto change wherever they called (from any process's or object's action stages). The same goes with Data Items. 

It save's us from unnecessary troubles and save's lot of time.
acilinska
Level 4
There is a workaround for it if you do it correctly - to open exported object/process in text editor (as it is xml file) and then replace all "old object name" with "new object name", and then import it back, however all the inputs and outputs are not always assigned, so there is still work to do and you need to fill them in or use again the replacing. 🙂
PvD_SE
Level 12
A Right-Click in Studio and then select the 'Rename' option would indeed be very nice to have.
HarshitRawat
Level 8
Till we wait for this feature to be implemented , there is a small trick to rename an existing Process/Object.  
For Objetcs - Go to initialize and double  click on info stage,  and change the name and save it
For Processes- Go to Main Page and double  click on Info Stage and save it 
By following the above steps your exisitng processes/objects would be renamed..
However as what this idea is about renaming them break their references wherever they are being used
MelanieGiuliani
Community Team (Retired)
Hi @acilinska,

Thank you for your idea! This is very similar to a previously posted idea, which can be found here: https://community.blueprism.com/ideas/viewidea?IdeationKey=e8dc3ccd-5401-4595-b7bd-e8d7ca792bd1. As such, I've marked this idea as Duplicate in order to keep all comments, votes, and lifecycle tracking in one place. Please direct all further conversation and votes to this idea.