cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GuillermoParra
Level 3
Hello,

In the context of robotization of a Java application of our customer who has migrated to OpenJDK , we have found that it is impossible to retrieve information from the tables of the application.

Blue Prism returns us a message indicating that an overflow has occurred when trying to retrieve data to a collection.
In addition to some errors of confusing origin when interacting with the application.

When contacting support we have been told that Blue Prism currently does not support the use of OpenJDK.

For this reason we request that you consider providing support for OpenJDK. This is not the first time this scenario has arisen in reference to OpenJDK.

Thank you
5 Comments
Hi @ewilson Please have look into this idea. Even it does not have much vote but at the end it's a required feature. Just validate it once if possible.

@MelanieGiulian1 Just have a look also.​​​
JerinJose
Level 10
I think there is already an idea for the same requirement with 20+ votes which is moved to need more info status. Peers who supports this feature can help in bringing more clarity to the idea on what is expected from blueprism and how critical is for solving business problems
GuillermoParra
Level 3
Hi, there is indeed another open idea that refers to this problem with OpenJDK.
We already commented on it and we are willing to expand the information needed, by email if it is more convenient.
What we expect is some kind of solution or support for this problem since the impact is absolute in all our automated business operations.
Hello @GuillermoParra,

I'm happy to confirm that Blue Prism Enterprise 7.2, planned for release March 2023, will be the first version of Blue Prism to support the use of OpenJDK.

Keep an eye out for more on this new release in the coming weeks!

As a result of this I'm marking this idea as Planned - Now.

Regards,
Rob​
Hello again @GuillermoParra,

It's been pointed out to me that we have 2 ideas which are duplicates of one another - I'm going to update this one to be a Duplicate and the other, which has more votes, will be the one that we update as we move through to delivery.

The other idea can be seen here.

Regards,
Rob​