cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnindyaMukherj1
Level 2

We tend to lose a lot of work when locks are released accidentally from all the locked process and business objects. This needs to be further improvised in the upcoming feature where admin (or superuser) can only release locks if required from all the process and objects. Developers would have restricted access to unlock either the process and objects that they have created or only one at a time. 

3 Comments
chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Hello @AnindyaMukherj1

Thank you for raising, I set the Idea Status to Need More Info.

Follow up questions:

1. Are you referring to Environment locks?

2. Did you know you can already prevent users from accessing Workflow – Environment Locking?

Tip: You can also vote for your own ideas and requests, to get the ball rolling.

Kind regards

Chris Strong

Senior Product Manager

SS&C | Blue Prism

AnindyaMukherj1
Level 2
Hi Chris,

This is not about environment locking,raather whhen attempting to save a Process or Object within the Process/Object Studio, we often encounter a warning message similar to the following:

"Your lock on this process has been removed by another user. Please either quit, or use Save As to create a new process."

We tend to lose a lot of work when locks are released accidentally from all the locked process and business objects. This needs to be further improvised in the upcoming feature where admin (or superuser) can only release locks if required from all the process and objects. Developers would have restricted access to unlock either the process and objects that they have created or only one at a time.

Please do let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks and regards,
Anindya

chris.strong
Staff
Staff

OK, brilliant, thank you for clarifying @AnindyaMukherj1

I have reset the Idea Status back to New

Kind regards

Chris Strong

Senior Product Manager

SS&C | Blue Prism