cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LorenzoTacconi
Level 3
I should be of great help if we could start a process asynchronously from another process. I have a usecase in which I have to start a long blueprism process from another system. If I expose this process as a WebService, Blueprism will wait the process complete before responding to the other system. If the process takes a lot of minutes to complete, this will cause a timeout error to the other system.

The problem could be solved if we could call another process that could start the log process and complete without waiting the subprocess to complete. In this way we could respond to the other system that the process is started and running before the timeout occours.
2 Comments
AndreyKudinov
Level 10
Simply making an active queue start process on it's resource pool when pending items appear in queue or when resources in pool become idle if they were all busy at that point would solve many problems.

It may interfere with scheduled processes, but it wont be easy for scheduled and on-demand processes to coexist on the same resource either way. I can think of an option to allow scheduler to send "Request stop" to an already running process and wait a limited time before giving up. Wont solve all the problems, but would make life a bit easier if you design process with this features in mind.
The Process Dispatch Framework was designed around this scenario. Have a look at https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/9648/solution/process-dispatch-framework