cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
With the start of Blue Prism, it is automatically trying to connect to any server set as default in the ComboBox of connections. This behavior is really annoying when working with multiple environments, as the user needs to wait or cancel a connection attempt if it's set to the wrong server. Also, the preemptive authentication of users is not acceptable at all.

• Preemptive connections should be avoided as the application should only try to connect to a server after the user confirms it
  • Preemptive connections can decrease the performance if the user wants to connect to a different environment
  • Preemptive connections will result in throwing the error "An active connection has been closed forcible by the server" if the same host runs multiple BP Servers, but BP tried to connect preemptively an a wrong port

Authenticating users before they even entered their password is also something that should be changed:
  • Authenticating users after they just entered their username is a violation to IT security standards. I wonder how this passed your audits.
  • Preemptive authentication can tell an unauthorized person details about a user's account (like if the user/password expired) even if the user was not authenticated.
1 Comment
Walter.Koller
Level 11
I am not sure if I understood your points.
We are using SSO for authentication and Blue Prism connects to the server on start-up to query the type of authentication (password box disappears for us).

- Blue Prism remembers the last used connection in the combo box, so if you dont use shared workplace with different users working in different environments, this should not be a big issue
- no authentication is done before password is entered or in case of SSO, the sign-in button is pressed

Did I miss something here? Thanks for clarification
---
Edit: maybe the errors are related to SQL server authentication rather than Blue Prism application server?