cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PvD_SE
Level 12
I would like to have a new action stage, to be shown in the stage choice panel on the left side in Studio. You can call it whatever you like, but I'd like the new stage to be definable by the developer. For the fun of it, we could call it a Tiny Template.
The new 'Tiny Template' stage would contain a stage, or a block of stages that are regularly used by the developer. Choosing the new stage would imply that the block of stages will be dragged into the page the developer is currently working on, in the same manner as the single stages that we have today. 
The new customizable 'Tiny Template' stage can be defined once by the developer and will remain accessible within BP Studio until its definition is changed by the developer. The 'Tiny Template' definition will be saved so it can be used again at any later time Studio is used.

Why would this be practical? Lemme give y'all an example:
When I'm testing new or modified parts of a process or object, stuff tends to crash. This is ok as it indicates where efforts for error handling are required. In order not to let any of these small crashes lead me back to to the Main Page, or wherever it bubbles up to, I usually add a temporary recover-resume-note block on the page. This will catch any errors and remain on the page I'm working on. When I move my work to the next page, I move or copy the block along with me to the net page. When all is done, I remove the blocks as not to permanently disturb the process flow.
In the example above, I'd define my 'Tiny Template' as a recover-resume-note block and deploy it in every page I need it.

Happy coding!
----------------
Paul
Sweden