cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChristianPanhan
Level 6
​Right now the version history of an object / process only shows us the date and time of a saved change including a small portion of the text provided on saving. There is no column for storing a process-/ object-version.

I think it is nessecary - especially if you have multiple Blue Prism environments - that you can store a version info for processes/objects. This info should be shown in the version history and transfered to other environments by importing releases and XML-files.

Let's say you have an Environment for developing, one for testing and one for production. You could end up with three different versions in those environments at a given time. The date and time of the change is not enough to my opinion, because
- this info is lost when importing a release
- you could roll back to an older version by exporting and importing. This old version would then be on the top of the list with a new timestamp.

What do you think about the possibility to set a version inside the process-/object-Studio?
7 Comments
HakanEngman
Level 6

Save and choose new functionality = Major release.

"Patching" = Minor release number. 

Code use Major - get patched versions automatically. But new functionality when choosen. 

Anyhow, versioning would be great.

ChristianPanhan
Level 6

Thank's for commenting. Do you mean entering the version info in the free text field in the save Dialog?

HakanEngman
Level 6

I'm thinking that when you save, you basically set 

Name | Majorversion | Minor version. 

When you select a object , do the same get the name, then major number.

So not free text, but as we are on the topic, link to a description page of basic functionlity would be great.

Anonymous
Not applicable
we need the version info/timestamp to be visible when importing releases on the screen where we are asked to overwrite or not VBO and processes.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is kind of a key requirement for audit purpose.
Versioning would definitely help. As a quick fix, when we import a release if the date/time stamp of the Objects, Process etc.. from source environment can be retained - it will help. 

MelanieGiuliani
Community Team (Retired)
Hi Christian,

Thanks so much for submitting your idea! We are moving it into the Under Consideration status while we route the idea through our internal review process. 

We will update you as your idea moves along the lifecycle.

Thank you!
Melanie 
Hello @Christian Panhans,

I have updated your idea to "Planned" and adjusted the linked product from "Blue Prism Product" to "Process Repository" as this idea will be delivered as part of this new component. For more information on the roadmap for Process Repository, please see the August 2022 roadmap webinar, available here.

Regards,
Rob