cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Consolidation Exercise Issue

AndrewRoot
Level 2
So I'm trying to complete the advanced consolidation exercise, and I'm running into an issue with the Create Quotes action stage. It launches BP Travel and logs in, but will typically only enter the From and to fields before exceptioning out. If I pause the process while its on the Create Quotes Stage, it does go down and complete the form, but the dates it enters are wrong, and I can't figure out where it's getting them. I looked through the quotes excel file and the date that it enters isn't listed anywhere. 
I've been having a lot of issues with this, and this is actually occurring within the solution file. At the point I'm at, I just want to get the solution file to run and focus on my own work afterward. 
Just a couple of basic theories:
Which browser is used for bp travel? The browser you use can often cause a problem. The solutions file is set up to use explorer, and I tried changing it to chrome (which would launch but not log in) and Edge (which wouldn't launch at all)
Is there a possible glitch in the version of software I'm using? Blue Prism 6.6.0.15260, Excel 365 ProPlus, Windows 10 Enterprise.
Are there any admin permissions or settings I need to change? I know I've had to change a couple things throughout this training.
Thanks for any advice.

------------------------------
Andrew Root
2 REPLIES 2

Carl__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Andrew,

The sample solution for the Advanced Consolidation Exercise has been built using Internet Explorer, and for this exercise you should continue to use IE. You can look to build the solution from scratch using other supported browsers; these are Chrome and Firefox, but you will need to install the Browser extensions for using either of these. Information for this can be found in the Documents section on the Blue Prism portal.

If you switch back to using Internet Explorer, can you provide screenshots of the data items populated with the date values, and then also screenshots of the dates entered into the 'Departing' and 'Returning' fields in the browser when you run the write stage?

Also, provide the details of the exception you see when running the process.

Once i have this information, I will be able to assist you further.

Regards,

Carl Carter
Developer Program Manager
Blue Prism
Europe/London

First off I figured out the date issue. My problem is that I am working on Blue Prism between projects, and what I had done is populated the queue, and when I ran into the error I stopped the process. I would then return and try to run the process again. I didn't realize that the quotes file is full of formulas to populate the dates based off of todays date, so I was getting dates from the past or less than 7 days from now, based off of whatever date I had last run it. Once I cleared the work queue and repopulated it, it fixed that. So as for the exception, it will give me the error I've listed below after terminating at the bottom of the Mark item as exception page:

Exception : 3 consecutive incidents of Internal: Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Activate Application' on page 'Create Quote' - Exception during remote setforegroundwindow - System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified

at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()

at BluePrism.ApplicationManager.Operations.WindowOperationsProvider.ForceForeground(IntPtr windowHandle)

I get this error after it inputs the From/To fields and then circles around and tries again, it takes several minutes.
When I've been able to get it to run, I had paused it at the exact right time on the "Create Quotes" stage, then restarted. it would then successfully complete one item in the work queue and then run into the issue that I've mentioned above. 
Thanks for your response!

Andrew Root