cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception Type & Exception Details

SamLima
Level 7
what is the difference between Exception Type & Exception Details?

------------------------------
Sam Lima
2 REPLIES 2

KodiSrihari
Level 8
Hi @SamLima,

Exception Type & Exception Details are the options Provided in the Exception Stage to Find the Exception reason that has occurred during failure of the sequence.  

" Exception Type" : Tells About the type of Exception occurred i.e System Application , Business Exception ,Utility Exception etc. that we can select according to the Expected type of Exception that may occur during failure of the Current Stage.

"Exception Detail" :  is a Feature that has been given to write some data in Text format about that Exception.

Thanks ,

Srihari
RPA Developer

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@SamLima,

Exception Type is typically a short descriptive name of the exception (ex. Application Exception, Invalid Input Exception, etc) whereas Exception Description should be a detailed description of the specific error. It should give the user enough information for them to understand the problem and what needs to be addressed.

As an example, let's say I ​raise an Invalid Input Exception. In the case I might set the Exception Detail to something like "Please provide a value for the input XYZ."

Does that help?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange