cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input new order Consolidation execice

mathieuchopplet
Level 3
Hello,
I don't understand how to pass the csv data to input orders in centrix data solution.
I open centrix, get to the input order page, but I don´t know how to pass the information from the Queue to Centrix.
I suppose that I shoul pass the information in "start" in BO New Order, but how do you get data from the queue?
BO New Order:
33609.png
Process Page 1 (Excel)
33610.pngProcess Main page:
33611.png

May I have any help?

Thanks a lot!!

------------------------------
luc chopplet
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Luc - the output collection from reading the CSV file is the one that should be used as the input to Add to Queue. But check that the collection is correctly formatted, with the data in individual cells and rows, not squashed together as you had it previously. In effect what should achieve is this:

1. Read N rows of data from the file into collection A, with each row split into data fields
  2. Add collection A to the queue to create N queue items. Then forget about collection A.
  3. Use Get Next Item to lock the next available queue item and extract its data into collection B. Collection B will look like A but will have only 1 row.
  4. Use the data in collection B to create the order
  5. Mark the queue item as complete
  6. Repeat from step 3 until all queue items have been worked

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

View answer in original post

8 REPLIES 8

HarpreetKaur
Level 7
Hello,

I believe the Get Next Item Action should be before your Centrix launch and navigate logic.
The high-level flow you process Main Page should follow is :
Open Excel and grab info >> Populate that info into the BP queue >> Grab the queue item info using Get Next Item >> Centrix Logic >> Mark Exception/Completed

Regards
Harpreet

Harpreet Kaur Product Consultant

HI,
Thanks for your prompt answer.
I still have an error, as I can't figure out how to populate centrix.
The error is:
Internal : Failed to evaluate expression in row 1 of Write Stage 'Product Code & Unit price' on page 'New Order' - The collection has no current row
I think I correctly get the information from excel:
33507.png
I modified my main page as you suggest:
33508.png
But I have the error on my "New Order" Object studio.
33509.png
This is how I made product and price...but clearly it's not correct..
33510.png
If you have any idea, it would be highly appreciated.
Thanks.

Hi Luc - maybe this will help you:

The CSV has rows of data and each row represents a case/customer/order/whatever. The CSV is read into a collection data item, where again each row is a case. The collection is added to the queue, and each case is represented as a queue item.

The Get Next Item action that Harpreet mentions is they way to lock an item so that nobody else can work the same case - remember the queue could be shared by many digital workers. Once we have locked an item, we can go ahead and do the work - in this example, create the order. When the work is done, we use the Mark Completed action to update the queue item. Then we go back to Get Next Item to work another case; if Get Next Item outputs no Item ID, we know there are no more items available.

To pass data to a VBO so that it can write into the application, we must create input parameters in the Start stage. Once this is done, when an Action stage is added to the process, you can see the parameters required by the VBO.

The data in each case is available in the Data collection output of the Get Next Item action. This collection is used to provide inputs to the Action stge, eg [Data.Product Code]

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

HI John,
Thanks for your help.
Almost got it...I have an error : "Internal : Failed to evaluate expression in row 1 of Write Stage 'Product Code & Unit price' on page 'New Order' - The field 'Product Code' doesn't exist within this collection". It is correctly spelled.

From process Page 1 / get next item I have the following:
33523.png

33524.png
Then I pass it to Input order in the main page:
33525.png

Then to the start properties of Input Order
33526.png
Then as an input in the Action properties:
33527.png

Then as input in BO/new order
33528.png

Then in Write stage:
33529.png

Do you know what I am missing?

Thanks!

In the VBO start stage, try using individual parameters, like Product Code and Unit Price, rather than passing the whole collection.

Also, it looks like something has gone wrong at the 'read csv' step because your collection doesn't look right. It should have 5 columns, with each value in a cell. But here you have 1 column with all the values concentrated in the same cell. I think this is the reason for your 'field doesn't exist within this collection' error.
33543.png

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your help. Do you know how can I have the correct information, in the action get next item?
Get Worksheet As Collection (fast) has an output names Orders_collection.
Which seems correct:

Next, the action stage Add to Queue has the following inputs:

Ouptuts:
Then, the Get next item, has the following inputs and outputs:

But QueueData register the information as follows:

Thanks a lot!!

Hi Luc - the output collection from reading the CSV file is the one that should be used as the input to Add to Queue. But check that the collection is correctly formatted, with the data in individual cells and rows, not squashed together as you had it previously. In effect what should achieve is this:

1. Read N rows of data from the file into collection A, with each row split into data fields
  2. Add collection A to the queue to create N queue items. Then forget about collection A.
  3. Use Get Next Item to lock the next available queue item and extract its data into collection B. Collection B will look like A but will have only 1 row.
  4. Use the data in collection B to create the order
  5. Mark the queue item as complete
  6. Repeat from step 3 until all queue items have been worked

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Hi, John,
Thanks a lot for your help!!

luc chopplet