cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Application features

SamLima
Level 7
32072.pngcould anyone please provide me with more details about these features?

------------------------------
Sam Lima
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Sam,

These additional flags are used to make the application modeler give the functionality to search for your elements in a more better way. These flags are used since usually JAVA applications have a lot of embedded elements both visible and invisible elements within them and many times they have an element tree structure which can be very long and difficult to navigate through. 

When you use 'descendtree' flag, what it does is basically it is going to show you all the elements including the ones which are not visible to the screen as it scans at a deep level to retrieve the elements from the backend of the application but since it shows you all the elements it is sometimes slower and can also crash your application modeler if the memory exceeds the 32 bit memory capacity of your Blue Prism Interactive Client. This feature is a not useful because many times a lot of elements in a JAVA application are hidden and are only visible upon some event trigger.

When you use 'ignorenotshowing' flag, what it does is basically it is only going to show you all the elements which are not visible to the screen as it prevents from scanning at a deep level to retrieve the elements from the backend of the application making your element search more faster as the depth of the element tree reduces. In my experience so far, I never had to use 'ignorenotshowing' parameter yet so far.

You usually provide these parameters in the last screen of your application wizard:

32069.png

32070.png

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi Sam,

These additional flags are used to make the application modeler give the functionality to search for your elements in a more better way. These flags are used since usually JAVA applications have a lot of embedded elements both visible and invisible elements within them and many times they have an element tree structure which can be very long and difficult to navigate through. 

When you use 'descendtree' flag, what it does is basically it is going to show you all the elements including the ones which are not visible to the screen as it scans at a deep level to retrieve the elements from the backend of the application but since it shows you all the elements it is sometimes slower and can also crash your application modeler if the memory exceeds the 32 bit memory capacity of your Blue Prism Interactive Client. This feature is a not useful because many times a lot of elements in a JAVA application are hidden and are only visible upon some event trigger.

When you use 'ignorenotshowing' flag, what it does is basically it is only going to show you all the elements which are not visible to the screen as it prevents from scanning at a deep level to retrieve the elements from the backend of the application making your element search more faster as the depth of the element tree reduces. In my experience so far, I never had to use 'ignorenotshowing' parameter yet so far.

You usually provide these parameters in the last screen of your application wizard:

32069.png

32070.png

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,