cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Wait Stage

SamLima
Level 7
33327.pngWhy do we see CPU consumption many times in JAVA applications while we didn't in Web Based and windows applications? why Java apps consume more CPU?

------------------------------
Sam Lima
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Sam,

There can be a multiple number of reasons regarding this some of which can be the application design, resource consumption on a periodic basis, allocation and deallocation of objects during runtime and even hardware and GPU requirements on different machine.

If there poor I/O resource management can be seen as a reason for memory leaks happening throughout a program execution. The main overhead that I find specifically with Java applications is due to the way how JVM (Java Virtual Machine) works. Most of the jar applications we use are somewhat legacy now and due to all the reasons I specified above these issues usually occur. When we speak of any web based application, most of these modern browsers now are optimized and that is why you do not see many such issues. With newer JRE engines, these issues also may not be as much as we see in these legacy applications. But again on this point I would say that, it is not always necessary that you wont find higher CPU consumption with all web or windows application. At the end of the day all will drill down majorly to the application design and how it handles the resources.

From an automation perspective all we can ensure is what can be the best suited way to design a solution which can efficiently react to all these situations that an application can put on a plate for us.

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi Sam,

There can be a multiple number of reasons regarding this some of which can be the application design, resource consumption on a periodic basis, allocation and deallocation of objects during runtime and even hardware and GPU requirements on different machine.

If there poor I/O resource management can be seen as a reason for memory leaks happening throughout a program execution. The main overhead that I find specifically with Java applications is due to the way how JVM (Java Virtual Machine) works. Most of the jar applications we use are somewhat legacy now and due to all the reasons I specified above these issues usually occur. When we speak of any web based application, most of these modern browsers now are optimized and that is why you do not see many such issues. With newer JRE engines, these issues also may not be as much as we see in these legacy applications. But again on this point I would say that, it is not always necessary that you wont find higher CPU consumption with all web or windows application. At the end of the day all will drill down majorly to the application design and how it handles the resources.

From an automation perspective all we can ensure is what can be the best suited way to design a solution which can efficiently react to all these situations that an application can put on a plate for us.

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,