cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Edge - Browser extension was not detected

SakthivelS
Level 3

I am working on one of the automation process to automate a browser based application using Edge. I am getting following error message while launching the application:

Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Launch' on page 'Launch' - The browser extension was not detected, please check that it has been installed and enabled. For more information, see the browser extension user guide. https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-6-10/en-us/Guides/chrome-firefox/chrome-firefox.htm.

33871.png

I have tried multiple ways to resolve the issue like,

33872.png

33873.png

Eventhough i facing same issue. Please help me with the issue.

Thanks,

Sakthivel S

------------------------------
Sakthivel S
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

harish.m
Level 12

HI Sakthivel,

There are couple of workaround to fix this issue

Check below thread from Blue Prism Support center related to this issue. on top of that  it depends on how you close the application and launch the application as well 

Add retry logic to avoid this issue if you are closing the browser using kill process then try to close the application using close action in object . also after closing wait for few seconds before launching application,

After launching the site  you need to select customer login> use the same credential as BP portal 

https://support.blueprism.com/en/support/solutions/articles/7000076733-bpe-error-the-browser-extension-was-not-detected-when-attempting-to-launch-a-browser-based-chrome-

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish Mogulluri
Lead developer
America/New_York TX
----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

harish.m
Level 12

HI Sakthivel,

There are couple of workaround to fix this issue

Check below thread from Blue Prism Support center related to this issue. on top of that  it depends on how you close the application and launch the application as well 

Add retry logic to avoid this issue if you are closing the browser using kill process then try to close the application using close action in object . also after closing wait for few seconds before launching application,

After launching the site  you need to select customer login> use the same credential as BP portal 

https://support.blueprism.com/en/support/solutions/articles/7000076733-bpe-error-the-browser-extension-was-not-detected-when-attempting-to-launch-a-browser-based-chrome-

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish Mogulluri
Lead developer
America/New_York TX
----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

Thanks for the solution.

I will try that from my end.

Sakthivel S