cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

writing on excel then save

SamLima
Level 7

When I'm trying to save an excel sheet I updated from the excel vbo I got an error telling me that it didn't have an access saving the file

How to give an access to save my work?

------------------------------
Sam Lima
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Sam,

I would suggest you to check couple of the things here. First check if the file has only been given the read access or also the write access on that given folder where you are trying to save the file. 

Secondly, check the access permissions for your user account on the folder where you are performing this operation. You might have to ask the folder owner to provide you the necessary privileges to write files if you do not have the access. It happens a lot in case of network drives and share drive folders.

Best way to check this would be to see first are you able to save the file manually or not before going into the automation side of it from the same user account.

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi Sam,

I would suggest you to check couple of the things here. First check if the file has only been given the read access or also the write access on that given folder where you are trying to save the file. 

Secondly, check the access permissions for your user account on the folder where you are performing this operation. You might have to ask the folder owner to provide you the necessary privileges to write files if you do not have the access. It happens a lot in case of network drives and share drive folders.

Best way to check this would be to see first are you able to save the file manually or not before going into the automation side of it from the same user account.

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.