cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A couple of DX Ideations to Consider

stepher
Level 5

Happy New Year, All,

One of my resolutions for 2024 is to try to reengage with the Blue Prism Communities that I am subscribed to.  In that spirit, I have submitted to Ideations that I am hoping you might consider.

The first is to add a couple of pieces of information the tiles on the DX landing page: the date of deployment/publishing and the reason for the deployment/publishing.  I know that the default sort is 'newest to oldest' but if I could see on this information, it would save the time of clicking in, clicking out and waiting for the landing page to recollect itself.  The direct link to this suggestion is (Idea Details).

The second is to add a date constraint to the DX asset filter to limit the results to only those published/deployed in the last number of days/weeks/months.  The direct link to this suggestion is (Idea Details).

Thanks for any and all comments, and best wishes for 2024.

------------------------------
Robert "Red" Stephens
Application Developer, RPA
Sutter Health
Sacramento, CA
Robert "Red" Stephens Application Developer, RPA Sutter Health Sacramento, CA
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

hello Robert Stephens - Wish you happy new Year .For the First idea- Please check if below is what you are looking for.

Use Updated drop down on DX portal. Pick the VBO and you can see when the VBO is updated[Highlighted in red] and release notes.pdf contain information and history on what was modified to the updated version.

5979.png

5980.png

Neeraj Kumar

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Michael_S
Community Team
Community Team

Happy New Year @Robert Stephens! Wishing you the absolute best for the year ahead too 💙

(Fantastic looking ideas, too. I love the time and thought that's gone into them both, I'm sure @ewilson and the team will appreciate the input)

💙 Michael
(I'm part of the SS&C Blue Prism Community Team)

hello Robert Stephens - Wish you happy new Year .For the First idea- Please check if below is what you are looking for.

Use Updated drop down on DX portal. Pick the VBO and you can see when the VBO is updated[Highlighted in red] and release notes.pdf contain information and history on what was modified to the updated version.

5979.png

5980.png

Neeraj Kumar

Just an FYI. Unfortunately, not every asset on the DX has a proper release notes file, but that is something we're working on rectifying. 😉

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Thanks, Kumar,

It is a good interim solution, especially as I had never considered the tabular view of the DX Assets.  It does, however, show the Create Date, rather than the Update Date, and I would still need to click into the asset and then back out.  But it is a bit better than I was.

Thanks,

Robert "Red" Stephens
Application Developer, RPA
Sutter Health
Sacramento, CA
Robert "Red" Stephens Application Developer, RPA Sutter Health Sacramento, CA

Maybe this idea would help: Idea Details - SS&C Blue Prism Community (Mail Notification for DX asset updates)

The idea is to get active notification on updates of DX assets someone is subscribed to.

Someone suggested to use feeds but I haven't had a look at this yet so I cannot say if this would work and how it works.

Walter Koller
Solution Manager
Erste Digital / Erste Group Bank
Europe/Vienna

Hello everyone! There are a few tweaks I will be making to the New/Updated sort fields that should help with some of the pain you are experiencing and providing better results. Items like updated reason may be a bit difficult to tackle but I will take a very hard look in to what you brought up Robert. I agree with you that this is an area we can improve to help get information to our users easier and simpler.

In addition to the suggestions Neeraj gave we do have an RSS feed that you can sign up for and will provide you updates on assets on the DX. This may also be a helpful solution in the interim.

5998.png

Kyle Strumberger
Digital Exchange Marketplace Manager
Blue Prism
America/Chicago