cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function for Bouncy Castle - PGP Utility - 1.1.0

KevinRodriguez1
Level 3
Hi,

I am trying to use the pgp utility VBO, but im getting this error messages on using both encrypt and decrypt

Encrypt Error:

Cannot locate a public key for encryption in the supplied PGP Public Key file that matches the given [Encryption Key ID] value.

Decrypt Error:
Unknown Packet Type: 20

i am using the version 1.8.10 of the Bouncy Castle.

i have created my key using kleopatra
1 REPLY 1

Hi Kevin,

I suspect this may be resolved by re-exporting your key files from Kleopatra again. The VBO needs two different files exported from Kleopatra to encrypt/decrypt correctly. It is not exactly intuitive that this needs to be done, and the VBO user guide (https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/9648/solution/bouncy-castle---pgp-utility) was missing this information (I have just updated it with the same steps as below):

Public Key file for Encrypting:
Right-click your key pair and select Export to generate the public key file. Use this file path as the value for [Encryption Key Filepath] input for the Encrypt File action.

Private Key file for Decrypting:
Right-click your key pair again and select Backup Secret Keys to generate the private key file. Use this file path as the value for [Private Key Filepath] input for the Decrypt File action.

35331.png

I hope this solves the issue - let me know how it turns out.
Cheers
Charlie Kovacs Sr. Digital Exchange Engineer Blue Prism Austin, USA