"message": "Precondition check failed.",
"domain": "global",
"reason": "failedPrecondition"
}
],
"status": "FAILED_PRECONDITION"
}
}

The credentials are also set as below as mentioned on Precondition check failed error using Gmail API v1 | Digital Exchange (blueprism.com)
37085.png
I have it working for sheets & drive using the same credentials.

The service account does not have domain wide access but i will be able to provide consent for individual users.

anyone has had luck implementing gmail api ?
4 REPLIES 4

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@HarikrishnaMura,

Do you need full API access, or are you just trying to send/receive email via GMail?​ The reason I ask is that simple send/receive can be accomplished with SMTP/POP3.

If you need full API access are you working against a company GMail account (ie Google Workspace)  or a personal account?

Cheers,
Eric

HarikrishnaMura
Level 4
Hi @ewilson

Unfortunately, the POP3 and IMAP are disabled at the org. Hence, we are trying to use the API to perform send and receive.

We are using a Google Workspace for this. 

The sheets & drive skills are working with some tweaks, but we are unable to make the gmail work.

Regards,
Hari ​

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@HarikrishnaMura,

In your screenshot you show the Subject configured to take a BP data item. I don't think that will work. I believe you will have to put an actual value there. I could be mistaken, but I seem to recall the WebAPI feature didn't support parameter substitution in the Common Authentication details.

When you say you had to tweak the Drive and Sheets APIs, can you elaborate on what you needed to do?

Cheers,
Eric​

HarikrishnaMura
Level 4
Hi @ewilson

For the Gmail API setup, I had updated as per the suggestions from this post: Precondition check failed error using Gmail API v1 | Digital Exchange (blueprism.com).
I also have tried giving the email ID as hardcoded value on the subject field, still the same issue persists.

For the drive skill, i had to modify the webservice as the original one that comes along with the skill has every parameter as required and if blank values are sent, the call fails. For the setup, changes and updates were made based on this post: Skill Google Sheets | Blue Prism Product

Thanks,
Hari