cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Graph - API Permission required

MichaelBerg_And
Level 3

Hi all,

I'm setting up the integration from BP towards MS Graph at the moment, but I'm missing a list of the specific API permissions required for the different MS Graph assets on the DX.

In all the assets, the user guide simply states that the API permissions should be set to allow ones you need, but not referring which APIs are actually needed. In my world that is should have been documented with the creation of the assets.

I can see that I could use Microsofts Graph Explorer to look up each action one at a time and list the permissions in the end - But this seems like an extensive task.

Has anyone done that for themselves and are willing to share the list?

Internally we're not allowed to use Application-based access or just all delegated permissions - So we need a list of the relevant delegated API-permissions for the following 5 assets on DX:

MS Graph Authentication: Blue Prism Digital Exchange
MS Graph Sharepoint: Blue Prism Digital Exchange
MS Graph Download Files: Blue Prism Digital Exchange
MS Graph Teams: Blue Prism Digital Exchange
MS Graph Users: Blue Prism Digital Exchange

1 REPLY 1

ewilson
Staff
Staff

@Michael Berg Andreasen,

The required permissions vary based on your specific use cases and what you're trying to do. I believe all of the user guides provide a link to the Microsoft documentation regarding Graph permissions. If not, you can find it here. It's relatively straightforward. For SharePoint, you want to look at the available permissions under the Sites category. For files, you want to look at permissions under the Files section (FWIW - most Graph APIs will require that you provide some level of Files permissions if you're working with say Excel spreadsheets, etc). For user permissions, you want to look at the Users section.

Cheers,

Eric