cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS Messaging Integration Twili

JayvirendraRawa
Level 3
Hi Team,

I did import the twilio release and pass the auth key and token in credentials manager. setup an account on twilio site with india's two mobile number then passing those in from and to DataItem.  It is connecting perfectly with the the vbo but while i am running then facing below error. Can you please help me out for this issue?  How it will work.

There are no trial facility available for testing purposes. As some of third party application provides a functionality on the trail basis for few couple of days/30 days. So I have a question around this.

Which amongst featured assets are available for messaging(SMS)/ Other  functionality for 30 days/7days trail period?
Can you please anyone give some information on this? 

Thanks,
Jay

6130.png

------------------------------
Jayvirendra Rawat
Software Developer
capgemini
UTC
JAY Rawat Sr. RPA Developer Delhi(NCR) India
7 REPLIES 7

Jay

There is a trial account in Twilio, you just need to verify the account with your personal phone number. You then need to set up the number in Twilio's dashboard before using the API. The error your facing I believe is because the number you mentioned has not been verified by Twilio.

follow the below link for a step by step guide for setting up your account.
https://www.twilio.com/docs/usage/tutorials/how-to-use-your-free-trial-account

hope that helps
Kind Regards
Connor

Connor Tickhill
Consultant
TWHG Limited
Europe/London

EricLiu
Level 5
Twillio's Python package is very mature and easy to use. If it takes you too much time developing and debugging here, maybe just switch to Python

Eric Liu
RPA Developer
Fidelity Investment Canada
America/Toronto

AmiBarrett
Level 12
If all you're doing is outbound SMS, you can send e-mails as SMS messages instead. You just need to know the carrier tied to the target phone number. (And it's free!)

Ami Barrett
Lead RPA Software Developer
Solai & Cameron
America/Chicago

Hi Connor,

Thanks for your reply. I verified both the numbers over Twilio Test account but despite of having these facing an same issue. Either it takes some time to activate the numbers after verification. It has very weird behave.

Thanks,
Jay

Jayvirendra Rawat
Software Developer
capgemini
UTC

Hi Eric,

Can you please guide me on this? From where i can use Python package? 

Thanks,
Jay

Jayvirendra Rawat
Software Developer
capgemini
UTC

I meant hat you do all the Twillio related development in Python and then call the Python code you wrote. To call python, make Blue Prism invoke your Python script using command line.

Eric Liu
RPA Developer
Fidelity Investment Canada
America/Toronto

SheikhIrfan
Level 2
Hello,

My understanding is a little hazy

Perhaps it would be easier if I exposed some options and you could decide if one might be helpful.

An Open Messaging integration would look like this:

This is just to say that when your server sends the message(s) to SMSala with the POST /API/v2/conversations/messages/inbound/open, you can also send custom attributes 2 which will be saved in the SMSala conversation context (as participant attributes for the customer - i.e. participant with purpose="customer").

Sheikh Irfan