cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service now integration with blueprism

ramuramu
Level 3
Hi Team,

Could you please let us know how to integrate service now incident management with blueprism.

Thanks
Nischal

------------------------------
Nischal Reddy Yeduru
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Nischal.

Just to be clear, the URL I'm talking about is within the Retrieve Incidents action.

6063.png

The Base URL for the action should look like this:
6064.png
When you bring the skill into your object, you should populate the parm (or you could create a data item) [ServiceNow Instance] created. Populate that with your "xxxxx.service-now.com" instance name.

6065.png

In the Outputs tab of the stage, make sure you are storing the returned values in some data item:
6066.png

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

View answer in original post

30 REPLIES 30

Hi Nischal,

You can refer to this - https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/9648/solution/servicenow-incident-mgt--skill
Also, there are 2 other ServiceNow skills in DX that might help. You can search for "service now" in DX to see them.

Regards,
Pratyush

Pratyush Garikapati
ROM Architect
Blue Prism
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Pratyush,

Thanks for the inputs. 

I tried to login the bpskill file and import in the blueprism but I am getting the following error attached. Here could you please help to resolve this issue.

6047.png

Nischal Reddy Yeduru

Hi Nischal.

You need to set up a credential specifically called "ServiceNow Credential". You will use the password and userId that you will create within the credential to access your ServiceNow instance.

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the inputs. It worked.

Nischal Reddy Yeduru

Excellent Nischal.

Thank you for letting us know.

If you have any more questions on the skill feel free to ask.

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Hi All,

Could you please look into the below query !!

I configured my Web API Services and also created login credentials for ServiceNow which I used to login in my company. 

In the object studio, I tried to used the "retrieve incidents" action from the object "ServiceNow Incident Management API". As per the documents, I have given nothing in the input parameters. 

I used the the following stages 

Start stage
ServiceNow object
End stage.

But I did not get any incidents in the output. 

Could you please suggest me how to retrieve incidents from ServiceNow

In case if any demo is present please share the link.

Thanks for all your help who are doing in this community.

Thanks
Nischal

Nischal Reddy Yeduru

Hi Nischal.

Just to be clear, you have assigned the outputs in the skill with data items?

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the inputs it worked.

Could you please share if you have any idea how to give a query in the sysparm_query parameter !!

I want to retrieve the incidents with state as new. But I am not getting how to give?

Thanks & regards
Nischal

Nischal Reddy Yeduru

Hi Nischal.

There are a couple of things to be aware of.

First of all, there is a bug in the incident management skill. I'm working on getting an updated skill posted to resolve it but you can make the change yourself in the web service that you've downloaded when you imported the skill.

Go to the System tab and select Web API Services. Open the ServiceNow Incident Management API service and change the URL path for the Retrieve Incidents>Request to the value "/now/table/incident?[sysparm_query]&[name-value pairs]&[sysparm_display_value]&[sysparm_exclude_reference_link]&[sysparm_fields]&[sysparm_limit]&[sysparm_offset]&[sysparm_query_no_domain]&[sysparm_suppress_pagination_header]&[sysparm_view]".

Once you've made the mod, I encourage you to get familiar with the REST API documentation that you'll find on the ServiceNow developer home page. The URL can be found in the incident management skill readme doc.

Having said this, I can tell you that if you (after correcting the URL in the web API) put "incident_state=1" in sysparm_query parameter, you should get the "new" incidents.

6058.png

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism