cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spy Java Error Java Trainning (BP Hotel)

amaterano
Level 4
Dear Comunity

After following the steps properly (I think so) with the jre1.8.0 version and the JAVA Bridge, with the java training exercise BP Hotel, the following error appear: There was an error during the spying operation.

Please does anyone have an idea what might be going on?

------------------------------
alirio materano
Consulting
SOAINT
Europe/London
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi @amaterano,

This issue most likely be occurring due to incorrect installation of JAB driver or incorrect version of JAB as well. I would recommend you uninstall your Java environment once and try the below steps:

Steps For Enabling Java Mode:

If you can't see the Java mode on your Blue Prism, then follow the below steps:

1) Download the Java 8 SDK from Oracle website for 32 bit : JAVA SE 8  and then install it on your machine.

NOTE: You would need to register an Oracle account in order to download it.

7987.png
NOTE: I am downloading 32 bit since Blue Prism expects a 32 dll driver for JAB.

2) Now, install the Java Access Bridge (2.0.1) from here: JAB 2.0.1 and then install it on your machine.

7988.png

NOTE: JAB 2.0.2 has some bugs so do not install that

3) Once you have installed both of them, Go to Control Panel -> Ease Of Access Center -> Make It Easer To Focus On Task and check the Enable Java Access Bridge option

7989.png

4) Now, copy the WindowsAccessBridge-32.dll file from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.8.0_202\jre\bin to your Blue Prism installation folder:

7990.png
5) Now when you create a new business object, choose the Java Automation option in the Application Modeler inside your Blue Prism, give all the input parameters such as the file path of your application and you should be able to see Java Mode while spying:

7991.png

6) Spy elements using Java Mode for this application:

7992.png
----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @amaterano,

This issue most likely be occurring due to incorrect installation of JAB driver or incorrect version of JAB as well. I would recommend you uninstall your Java environment once and try the below steps:

Steps For Enabling Java Mode:

If you can't see the Java mode on your Blue Prism, then follow the below steps:

1) Download the Java 8 SDK from Oracle website for 32 bit : JAVA SE 8  and then install it on your machine.

NOTE: You would need to register an Oracle account in order to download it.

7987.png
NOTE: I am downloading 32 bit since Blue Prism expects a 32 dll driver for JAB.

2) Now, install the Java Access Bridge (2.0.1) from here: JAB 2.0.1 and then install it on your machine.

7988.png

NOTE: JAB 2.0.2 has some bugs so do not install that

3) Once you have installed both of them, Go to Control Panel -> Ease Of Access Center -> Make It Easer To Focus On Task and check the Enable Java Access Bridge option

7989.png

4) Now, copy the WindowsAccessBridge-32.dll file from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.8.0_202\jre\bin to your Blue Prism installation folder:

7990.png
5) Now when you create a new business object, choose the Java Automation option in the Application Modeler inside your Blue Prism, give all the input parameters such as the file path of your application and you should be able to see Java Mode while spying:

7991.png

6) Spy elements using Java Mode for this application:

7992.png

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty

Hi @devneetmohanty07

It worked perfectly the problem was solved. My mistake was using 64 bits, please friends follow these recommendations carefully totally usefull,

Sincerely many thanks,

alirio materano
Consulting
SOAINT
Europe/London

Glad to see your issue getting resolved :)) Hope you have a great time in community ahead!

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty