cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_S
Community Team
Community Team

Setup and Deployment Operations

Whether you're new or have been with us for a while, setting up your platform effectively is crucial for a seamless intelligent automation journey.

How this is done is dependent on whether you're using Blue Prism Enterprise, or Blue Prism Cloud. Click the links below to find setup documentation and resources:

Don't forget, if you get stuck we're here to help - as is our community of 1000's of automation professionals who've done it already. Feel free to ask us anything in the Getting Started forum.

#FirstSteps

------------------------------
💙 Michael
(I'm part of the SS&C Blue Prism Community Team)

Comments
Michael_S
Community Team
Community Team

Blue Prism Enterprise

You can find all of our installation documentation for any version of Blue Prism Enterprise over on Blue Prism Docs. Be sure to use the "Select Version" menu at the top to view the correct documentation for the version you are deploying. 

Can I try Blue Prism first?

Our Trial and Learning Editions of Blue Prism can help you familiarize yourself with the platform ahead of full deployment.

Which version should I deploy?

We generally advocate for deploying either the latest version, or "latest version -0.1" to leverage all of our newest features

How do I get my license keys?

Your license keys will be emailed to you by your account manager. If you don't have them yet or can't find them, send us a support ticket and we'll help.

You can use your license keys across both your production and development environments.

How should SS&C Blue Prism be deployed?

SS&C Blue Prism supports both cloud (via Azure and AWS) and "on-premises" deployments (standard, high density and high availability). We recommend reviewing the architecture options with your technical architect and installation engineer to select the option that best aligns with your medium to long-term vision for automation (considering both the core SS&C Blue Prism platform and the add-ons included in your entitlement).

Regardless of which you choose, you should always provision both a development and a test environment in addition to your production environment.

Here are our recommended resources for deployment:

What about upgrades?

Information on how to upgrade to a specific version of Blue Prism Enterprise can be found on Blue Prism Docs.

What about ongoing maintenance?

Once your production, development and test environments are up and running, it's wise to create and adopt a strict maintenance schedule. We recommend you include the following in your maintenance schedule:

1. Database maintenance

Your database is a key component of Blue Prism, and needs to be kept performant and well maintained. We recommend reading through the Fundamentals of SS&C Blue Prism Database Maintenance guide, as well as storing it in your internal documentation.

2. Upgrades

New versions of SS&C Blue Prism are released several times a year, with new features and improvements that may enhance your work. We realise it may not always be practical to upgrade as soon as new versions are released, and encourage you to adopt the best practice of always being at least 0.1 versions away from the most recent. The fewer updates you skip, the easier your upgrades will be when you come to adopt them. You can check out our Upgrade Guide for advice on how to implement new releases.

If you've hired our Professional Services team to help...

They'll be in touch with you to gather the information they need after your kick-off call!

Alternatively, if you decide you need extra support with setup, you can learn about the services we provide and how to request them here.

💙 Michael

Michael_S
Community Team
Community Team

Blue Prism Cloud

With Blue Prism Cloud, we take care of the majority of setup. You can find all the documentation and guidance for Blue Prism Cloud here.

What version of SS&C Blue Prism will I be on?

SS&C Blue Prism Cloud is always the latest version (or the latest version - 0.1), and we automatically take care of upgrades for you. 

How long does it take to setup?

Once you've signed up, we'll send you a Platform Configuration Form to complete. It generally takes us about 30 days to setup your development and production environments once we have the information we need.

How do licenses work?

You'll get one development license for every 5 production licenses you purchase. You can also purchase additional development licenses by contacting your account manager.

What about ongoing maintenance?

We take care of platform maintenance for you:

1. Database maintenance is handled by us

Our DBA (Database Administration) team will ensure your database is maintained effectively to ensure stability and performance. It's worth noting that you won't have access to the database by default but, with Azure deployments, you can request access to the Blue Prism Cloud Data Vault to see and visualise the data in a system of your choice. If you would like to request this access, please send a ticket to our support team.

2. Upgrades are also handled by us

We'll give you the opportunity to upgrade as part of our bi-annual upgrade cycles, and we'll always make sure you're either on the latest version, or the latest -0.1 version, of SS&C Blue Prism Cloud.

If you've hired our Professional Services team to help...

They'll be in touch after your kick off call to help you select good process candidates for automation, and set up your automation practice, as per your statement of work.

If you would like to learn more about how our Professional Services team can help, click here.

💙 Michael
Michael_S
Community Team
Community Team

If you get stuck and need help...

There are a variety of options available to you to get past any blockers you're facing:

• Ask our Getting Started community for help with any setup, deployment or technical blockers
  • Ask your Account Manager for help with any account based issues, such as your subscription or license key information
  • Reach out to our Support Team for expert help with any bugs, errors or problems that require urgent assistance

💙 Michael

Version history
Last update:
‎11-09-23 03:12 PM
Updated by: