cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnect Dev VM from App server

KodiSrihari
Level 8

Hi Team,

What are the steps to make a Dev VM as standalone.

Steps to remove a Dev VM from current app server ?

Thanks,

Srihari

1 BEST ANSWER

Helpful Answers

Are you just asking how to make it not show in Control Room like it is a Runtime Resource? If that's what you're saying, you go to System tab > Resources > Management > drag from the left to the right to retire the resource.

You will have to make sure the Runtime Resource process is not running currently or it won't let you do this. So, you'll first have to go to the machine and look in the task tray at the bottom right, right click on the Blue Prism - Resource PC process and click Show and then click Exit in the window that pops up. Then you'll be able to retire it.

Dave Morris, 3Ci at Southern Company

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

david.l.morris
Level 15

Take a look here: https://docs.blueprism.com/bundle/blue-prism-enterprise-7-2/page/installation/bp-enterprise/standalone-deployment.htm

Basically, you need 3 things:
1. SQL Server installer. You can/should use the Developer edition for something like this. Here's where you can download the installer. Choose Developer edition. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sql-server/sql-server-downloads
2. Blue Prism installer. I assume you have this already but it can be retrieved from here assuming this is for v7: https://portal.blueprism.com/product/blue-prism-enterprise/blue-prism-7
3. Blue Prism license. This is a file that Blue Prism provides. It will be like blahblahcompanynamedaterange.bplicense.

You'll install SQL Server, then install Blue Prism and configure the connection to point to SQL Server (first I provided should help with this), Create a Blue Prism database (you just let Blue Prism handle this in the connection creation), and then install the License file when Blue Prism (the software) asks for it.

Thanks for the helpful information @david.l.morris .

I will explain my scenario that :

- I am having 10 Dev Environment VMs, Among them i have 1 VM set as App server for all 9 Dev VMs.

- I need to remove 1 Dev VM from the List, How to remove that VM from the App server List ?

- Do i need to go to the App server VM , and remove the VM that i want to remove ? Steps to remove ?
- Navigation steps , BP> System >  ....?

Thanks,

Srihari

Are you just asking how to make it not show in Control Room like it is a Runtime Resource? If that's what you're saying, you go to System tab > Resources > Management > drag from the left to the right to retire the resource.

You will have to make sure the Runtime Resource process is not running currently or it won't let you do this. So, you'll first have to go to the machine and look in the task tray at the bottom right, right click on the Blue Prism - Resource PC process and click Show and then click Exit in the window that pops up. Then you'll be able to retire it.

Thanks @david.l.morris  Yes, Some how like that we want to remove the unwanted VM to remove from the app server that it was connected to. and utilize that VM in other Purposes like (Newly Implementing Blue Prism Hub in Dev Environment.)