cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find the colour on image?

JamunaT
Level 4
Hi,

I need to find the image colour is a Red or Green?  For that, I Just tried with an "image contains colour" action with business object "image manipulation" but I don't know what needs to give in the input colour test to find the colour.
Can anyone Guide me please, Is this the right way to find the colour on image or suggest how to find the colour on the image?
Thanks in Advance.
Kindly refer to the below attachment.
924.png

------------------------------
Jamuna T
RPA developer
Changepond Technology
chennai
2 REPLIES 2

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15

Hi Jamuna,

The online training courses and Portal content on Surface Automation (search for topics in the documents section) are your friend on this - recap the lessons in there.

To figure out the colour in an image use MS Paint and the color picker tool within it - instructions for how to do this are in this document:  https://portal.blueprism.com/documents/training-document-introduction-surface-automation-v5

​A couple of other pointers:
The correct utility to use should also have a tolerance input,  experience shows that using an exact color match does not always work (believe it or not I have know a different graphics card on two machines to somehow change the color that was displayed ever so likely - shouldn't be possible but my own eyes have seen it).

I presume you are either doing something very smart (and difficult!) with images or using an older version of Blue Prism.  To a large extend the new Surface Automation functionality within version 6 did away with most of the use cases for those old image utility objects.  

Denis Dennehy
Head of Professional Services, EMEA
Blue Prism Ltd
Europe/London

EVIPUTI
MVP
you can also give this Graphics VBo a look , if that helps :https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/58413/solution/utility---graphics

Vipul Tiwari
Senior Process Simplification and Optimization Designer(Solutions Architect)
Fidelity International
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------